As we welcome in 2017, we recap on the year that saw record memberships and conference attendance, increased partners joining at all levels and the launch of many new initiatives to support and help our members and partners achieve business growth.
Since launching in 2011, our purpose has been to create a professional association of IT business owners specialising in IT solutions for small and medium business. An association that businesses can confidently engage for the best IT advice through building a community of IT professionals and industry partners. Together they share knowledge, educate and provide learning opportunities to create industry best practice solutions, superior product delivery and the latest technologies. Read more..
As a not for profit our goal is to drive member and partner value with a focus on the needs of small and medium business. 2016 has been a busy year.
We continue to see excellent support from our partnership group welcoming six new Partners (Datto, Synnex, DLink, Network2share, Xirrus, Yourcloudtelco), upgrading two existing Partners to Gold (VMvault, Storage Craft) and adding a new ‘Platinum’ level with Summit Internet as the inaugural Platinum Partner. “Our Partners assist the association to support, drive and educate our member network. Partnership with SMBiT Professionals offers easy, cost-effective and measurable access to one of the largest pools of IT business owners, professionals and resellers specialising in IT solutions for thousands of small and medium businesses” said David Vidos, CEO and Chairman.
Member Research Review
The second membership survey was conducted in the later part of 2016. The survey looked to expand on the 2014 survey as well as explore more data about our membership profile for the benefit of benchmarking the SMB IT market. The 2016 survey attracted 86 respondents and whilst the report is still being analysed, the summary results were presented by CEO David Vidos at the Annual National Conference. The survey explored new areas on business performance metrics and we encourage participation from Members at the next survey to enable ongoing comparison and benchmarking. Reports will be made available in the coming weeks and we welcome your feedback.
Annual National Conference – Find your missing piece
Annual National Conference 2016 was a great success with 150 delegates and Partners meeting at the Rydges in Sydney during October. The two day event with dinners saw Members, leading speakers and SMB industry players share valuable information about the industry, IT business success and technology influencing the future of IT.
Stephen JK Parker, digital transformation strategist and keynote speaker addressed the dynamic topic of business model transformation and its impact on the SMB IT market. This was followed by 22 speaker sessions covering topics such as making money from the cloud, effective communication and sales training along with partner presentations on increasing revenues. During the conference an Honorary Membership was awarded to Rodney Boyle, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the development of SMBiT Professionals. Thank you to all Members, Sponsors and Key Speakers for making our 2016 Annual conference a great success. We are proud to have held such a successful event and we hope all attendees gained valuable information from the speakers, business experts and coaches.
- David Vidos took up the newly created role of CEO during 2016. The CEO position was created in response to the associations need to create a professional governing role to drive membership and partner value.
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn were all relaunched in February with updated content about the association and an ongoing program highlighting chapter meeting topics and presenters developed. Website and social media continued to provide regular updates and notifications with the new #SMBiT2016 conference page driving further support for the Annual National Conference. Through this we have seen an increase in the level of engagement from new users as well as returning users who are spending more time and viewing more pages on the website. We encourage all Members and Partners to like, share and comment on posts to help drive awareness of SMBiT Professionals.
- April saw the launch of Perth’s successful training series to help members in that state often challenged by the distant western location. Well done Shannon Jones for kicking off this initiative and enabling the training to come to Perth.
- June saw the first edition of our eNewsletter distributed to a combined database (members, partners, non-members). From the first three campaigns, we have achieved good open rates (25%-31%) and we plan to increase the frequency of news with Members and Partners encouraged to contribute any articles or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual chapter meeting was launched in July to assist remote Members, those that missed a chapter meeting or those interested in a topic not yet covered in your local chapter. The meetings follow a similar structure to chapter meetings with leading industry partners and members presenting on current issues and opportunities relevant to the SMB IT industry.
Finally, congratulations to all and thank you for making 2016 our best year yet.
Well done to many of our Members who achieved success in their business this year not only through industry award recognition but with successful new business partnerships. As well as to the Melbourne Chapter reaching a record milestone of 100 members during 2016, well done to Don Tibbits and the Melbourne team.
Finally, thank you to all Chapter Presidents and Members who contribute to the monthly meetings and round tables in each chapter. We will continue to provide Members and Partners the networking opportunities, technical and business knowledge sharing through the monthly chapter meetings, partner offers, seminars, Annual National Conference and training to make 2017 a successful year for your business.